“The Best Thing A Woman Can Have Is Her Shit Together!” ~Women All Over The World
If I were to ask you right now if you are really living your life, what would your answer be? I mean, truly LIVING?
If you, as well as I, are wanting to stop simply existing and start living out the life that your soul has been craving, then it is time that we add more LIFE to our lives.
Life, whichever you choose, can either be simple or complicated. It can be sour or sweet, but it can only be what you choose it to BE!
Life is out there waiting for you to enjoy it. It’s waiting for you to kick up your heels and dance to the song of your soul. It is time for us to become the women that we have longed to be and live life on OUR terms and need no approval or permission from anyone but the person who stares back at us in the mirror.
I am a firm believer in the fact that:
[bctt tweet=”The Journey in and of itself is just as important as in reaching the Destination!” username=”Renee0305″]
So, how do we add more LIFE to our lives? It’s all about simplicity!
Renee, tell me…Just how can we add more LIFE to our Lives? I am so glad that you asked 🙂
1. Realize right now, at this very moment: THIS is the first page of your story!! Each day wake up and choose how your story is going to be told. Each and every day starts anew and gives you the opportunity to do something different. Will this be the day that you try something NEW??
2. TRY SOMETHING THAT YOU’VE NEVER TRIED BEFORE!! Whether it is driving to another part of town that you have never visited before or when you visit your favorite restaurant, order a new dish other than your usual and allow the new flavor tickle and delight your taste buds.
Learn to step out of your comfort zone! Your comfort zone is just that, you feel comfortable. But where are the “growing pains” within that zone? You can never be who you want to be and live the LIFE that you want to live by staying within that zone.
What can you do today that will make you feel scared, but excited at the same time. (pssst, by the way, if something both scares and excites you, you might want to go that route.)
3. SLOW DOWN!!! When was the last time you actually tasted your food instead of shoving it down your throat? Take the time to taste your food; take the time to BREATHE!!!
When was the last time you sat and drank a hot cup of herbal tea or coffee and watched the sun rise? When was the last time you read a spicy hot, romantic novel and let your imagination roam wild at the peak of the plot? Slow down long enough to see that this whole time, you were traveling at high speed. Where has your life gone?
Living your life is all about slowing down and living in the NOW!!
4. Stop seeking approval! Now this one is a biggie. When we were kids, we had to ask for permission to do things or to go certain places. Most of us have carried this into our adulthood. Well, NO MORE!!
This is your life and you do not need to seek approval or ask permission to do what it is that you desire.
If suddenly you want to change your hairstyle, length and color, like you’ve been wanting to do for YEARS…DO IT!! If you suddenly decide that it is time to let go of the tomboy look and embrace your feminine side, get ‘glammed’ up, Lady! If you want to pack up a bag and head off into the mountains to gain a newer perspective of what is going on in your life, what are you waiting for, a permission slip? If you are, then sign it yourself and go up that mountain.
5. What brings you pleasure? Adding more Life to your life can be as simple as adding more pleasure to it and putting it on the top of your priority list. When was the last time you took a nice, long bath…complete with candles, soft music, maybe a glass of wine while you relaxed in the warm waters not only cleansing your body, but your mind and soul as well?
When was the last time you casually strolled through a botanical garden and delighted in the sweet smells of nature’s perfume? What simple pleasures can you add to your list of ways to treat yourself and bring more pleasure back into your life?
6. Learn to start having fun! 🙂 You’ve heard it many times before, “All work and no play…” When was the last time you had so much fun that you thought the night would never end? Sad, but true, most of us have forgotten how to just…PLAY!
Spend time with children or kittens and puppies, they are the masters of playing and having fun. Go have a girls’ night out sipping wine while channeling your inner Picasso at places like Painting with a Twist. DANCE!!! Take a weekend getaway without any making any plans, just go with the flow or to make it an adventure, toss a coin and see direction you will take.
7. Have an Attitude of Gratitude. We only have one life to live and we get the chance to get it right and do things differently each and every day. For that, a sense of gratitude should flow from the depths of our beings. I’m talking about feeling it so strongly that tears start to well up in your eyes and the world starts to look that much brighter.
When we continuously come from a place of gratitude, our lives start to improve because we no longer take it and the ones we love that are in our lives for granted. We start to feel BLESSED and that makes life worth living.
8. Steer clear of the DRAMA! If you are finding yourself wanting to cut toxic people and environments out of your life, you are NOT being selfish!! Know that now. There are just some people who refuse to wake up and realize that they are the ones responsible for the mess that they are creating in their lives.
They don’t want to know what it feels like to go through one day without complaining or feeling miserable. They love it there. So, it is up to you to love them from afar, pack up, and get out of there.
YOU want peace and serenity in your life and you deserve to be around people that will be there to lift you up and not tear you down.
9. Take care of YOURSELF! To add more Life to your life, what are some of your vices that is doing more harm than good to your precious body? If you are a smoker, how can you cut down until you completely quit if you feel that you can’t go cold turkey?
If you are a drinker, do you really need four or more drinks a day to help you feel “relaxed?”
(Confession time: I love my drinks, I will admit it, but I am aware of how it makes me feel when I drink more than what I normally drink. So, I keep it to a minimum.)
Do you really need to eat out again and get a burger from McDonalds five nights in a row?
When was the last time you got off of the couch instead of watching one of Shaun T’s Beachbody infomercials and you actually moved that body of yours?
The point is, if your take good care of your body, you can add more LIFE to your Life…literally.
10. Help others learn to add more LIFE to their lives! I am a firm believer in the fact that we are all in this together! When we help/give to others, we are actually giving to ourselves in the process.
Have you ever done such a great deed for someone and the moment they tear up and thank you for what you have done, how did that make you feel? Awesome feeling wasn’t it? Regardless of what some may think, believe, or say…we were put on this earth to serve others. I love helping others. It has been in my blood from the time I was a little girl.
If I see someone hungry, I have to feed them. If I see someone crying, I get an urge to console them and make them laugh. Not everyone can do this. You must possess the heart of a servant, which is a person who just so happens to LOVE PEOPLE so much so, that they get a sense of joy just from serving/giving.
“Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours!” ~Les Brown
Now, how are YOU planning to add more LIFE to your life? Share with me and our community in the comments below.
Here’s to you, here’s to me…HERE’S TO US!